Irina Berezhnaya (born August 13, 1980 in Luhansk, Ukrainian SSR, USSR) is a member of Party of Regions (since October 2007), she is a former People's Deputy of Ukraine, member of the fraction of the Party of Regions.
In 2002 Irina Berezhna graduated from the Kiev National Taras Shevchenko University, law faculty, majoring in jurisprudence. In 2009 she graduated from the National Academy of Public Administration under the President of Ukraine with a degree in public administration. After training in her major, as provided by applicable law, in January 2004 she successfully passed the qualification exam, received a licence for notarial activities, and worked as a trainee notary in Kiev. During the training (2000-2002) Berezhna worked as an assistant-consultant of the Chairman of the Subcommittee on legislation, systematization of legislation and its conformity with international law, the Committee on Legal Policy of the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine. In 1999, she opened her first business, a travel agency. In 2004 she became the Deputy Director for Legal Affairs at LLC law firm Astra-Service. In 2008, her notary office received a professional award "European quality" of European Business Association (Oxford, UK). Until November 2007 Irina Berezhnaya was a private notary in Kiev city notarial district.Scientific and public activities
In July 2007 Irina Berezhna received PhD in law. She is also the author of several publications on law and notarial practice in the legal and business editions. Member of the Ukrainian Bar Association. She works closely with the Association of Lawyers of Ukraine, the Chamber of Notaries, the European Business Association. Also known for her separatist views. Supports Russian aggression in the Eastern Ukraine. Awardee of all-Ukrainian prize "Woman of the 3rd Millennium".Verkhovna Rada
In 2007 Berezhna became a MP from the Party of Regions (No. 151 in the electoral list)
- Chairman of the Subcommittee on rights, freedoms and interests of citizens and systematizing, adaptation of Ukraine's legislation to international legal standards in the field of justice and the status of judges of the Supreme Rada of Ukraine Committee on Justice
- Member of the Ukrainian part of Committee on Parliamentary Cooperation between Ukraine and the European Union
- Head of the Group for interparliamentary relations with Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan
- Member of the Group for Interparliamentary Relations with the Republic of Algeria
- Member of the Group for Interparliamentary Relations with the United States of America
- Member of the Group for Interparliamentary Relations with Poland
- Member of the Group for Interparliamentary Relations with Russia
- Member of the Group for Interparliamentary Relations with the Republic of Korea
- Member of the Group for Interparliamentary Relations with the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
- Member of the Group for Interparliamentary Relations with the Federal Republic of Germany
In the 2012 parliamentary election Berezhna won a constituency seat in Kharkiv with 41.82% of the votes.
- Member of the Committee of the Verkhovna Rada on issues of European integration
In the 2014 parliamentary election Berezhna did not participate.
Berezhna is unmarried, with a daughter Daniella, born 2009.
- Ukrainian parliamentary election, 2007
- Verkhovna Rada
- Politics of Ukraine
No relations set
No events set